Warren Buffett and his Words of Wisdom
Warren Buffett, nicknamed the “Oracle of Omaha”, is a successful businessman, investor and philanthropist. He is the chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, a multinational conglomerate holding company, and arguably one of the greatest investor that ever lived. Warren Buffett lives frugally despite being one of the richest man in the world, he is currently ranked as the fourth wealthiest man in the world with more or less than 53 million dollars of net worth.
Warren Buffett may also be the most quoted investor of all. He always has something to say that is very appealing and educating to its listeners, regardless whether they are stock investors or not.
To those aspiring to be one of the riches someday, you may want to hear what one of the richest has to say. Here are some words of wisdom from the great Warren Buffett:
20 Inspirational Quotes from Warren Buffett
- Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.
- Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.
- Risk is part of God’s game, alike for men and nations.
- We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.
- We enjoy the process far more than the proceeds.
- Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.
- I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute.
- I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years.
- It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.
- Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy; profit from folly rather than participate in it.
- Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.
- Our favorite holding period is forever.
- It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.
- It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.
- Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
- Rule No.1 : Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule no.1.
- You do things when the opportunities come along. I’ve had periods in my life when I’ve had a bundle of ideas come along, and I’ve had long dry spells. If I get an idea next week, I’ll do something. If not, I won’t do a damn thing.
- I don’t look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.
- Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars.
- Only when the tide goes out do you discover who’s been swimming naked.