Your Guide On How To Start Investing In Philippine Mutual Funds
What are Mutual Funds?
Mutual Funds in the Philippines isn’t different from other country’s mutual funds. It’s a type of investment vehicle that’s a collection of bonds and stocks that are professionally managed. The professional manager or the fund manager controls the money that the investment company has collected from its investors. Most of the mutual funds in the Philippines are open-ended meaning that an individual can buy or sell his or her shares of the fund any time that he or she wants to.
How do you earn in Mutual Funds?
When you avail of a shares of a fund, you can earn by:
- A fund earns by the dividends received from its stock investments and the interests of its bond investments.
- A fund can also sell its securities when its price went up, in which results to capital gains.
- If the fund price increase in value, an investor can sell his or her shares of the fund and receive profit.
Are there different types of Mutual Funds that I can choose from?
Yes, there are different types of mutual funds in the Philippines that an investor can choose from. Actually, there are four of them, such as:
- Money Market Funds–these type of fund invests in low risk investments that are composed of short-term securities (less than a year), these type yields low returns for its investors
- Bond Funds–primarily invested in bonds and also a low risk type of investments, but pays higher returns than Money Market Funds
- Balanced Funds–funds invested in both bonds and stocks, a medium to high risk of investment that may have medium to high returns
- Stock or Equity Funds–funds that are invested mostly in the stock market, has a high risk but can give the highest return from all mentioned types of funds
How much do I need to invest in Mutual Funds in the Philippines?
Many investment companies here in the Philippines offer low initial deposit for you to get started in investing in Philippine mutual funds. For as low as, 5,000 pesos you can buy shares of a mutual fund you want.
Where can I invest in Mutual Funds?
If you have already decided that you want to invest in mutual funds in the Philippines, then you can choose from these following Philippine mutual funds. To make things easier for you, you can just click the link of the Philippine mutual fund that you have chosen to know more about it.
Types Of Philippine Mutual Funds
Stock or Equity Funds
ATR KimEng AsiaPlus Recovery Fund, Inc.
ATRKE Alpha Opportunity Fund, Inc.
ATRKE Equity Opportunity Fund, Inc.
First Metro Save and Learn Equity Fund,Inc.
Philam Strategic Growth Fund, Inc.
Philequity Fund, Inc.
Philequity PSE Index Fund Inc.
Philippine Stock Index Fund Corp.
Sun Life Prosperity Philippine Equity Fund, Inc.
United Fund, Inc.
ALFM Dollar Bond Fund, Inc.
ALFM Euro Bond Fund, Inc.
ALFM Peso Bond Fund, Inc.
ATR KimEng Total Return Bond Fund Inc.
Cocolife Fixed Income Fund, Inc.
Ekklesia Mutual Fund Inc.
First Metro Save and Learn Fixed Income Fund, Inc.
Grepalife Bond Fund Corp.
Grepalife Dollar Bond Fund Corp.
Grepalife Fixed Income Fund Corp.
MAA Privilege Dollar Fixed Income Fund, Inc.
MAA Privilege Euro Fixed Income Fund, Inc.
PAMI Global Bond Fund, Inc
Philam Bond Fund, Inc.
Philam Dollar Bond Fund, Inc.
Philequity Dollar Income Fund Inc.
Philequity Peso Bond Fund, Inc.
Prudentialife Fixed Income Fund Inc.
Sun Life of Canada Prosperity Bond Fund, Inc.
Sun Life Prosperity Dollar Abundance Fund, Inc.
Sun Life Prosperity GS Fund, Inc.
ALFM Growth Fund, Inc.
ATRKE Philippine Balanced Fund, Inc.
Bahay Pari Soladaritas Fund, Inc.
Cocolife Dollar Fund Builder, Inc.
First Metro Save and Learn Balanced Fund, Inc.
NCM Mutual Fund of the Philippines, Inc.
Optima Balanced Fund, Inc.PAMI Asia Balanced Fund, Inc.
PAMI Horizon Fund, Inc.
PHILAM Fund, Inc.
Sun Life of Canada Prosperity Balanced Fund, Inc.
Sun Life Prosperity Dollar Advantage Fund, Inc.
If you still want to know more about Mutual Funds in the Philippines, then you could just go to this site: http://www.pifa.com.ph/factsfignavps.asp