The following article was written by Ms. Sophie Samuel of HMRC Guide.co.uk. You can know more about her by adding her on one of your circles in Google+.
Money problems are not unique and anybody can experience it throughout their lifetime. Due to the recent global recession, many people are financially strained. The comfortable ones are also concerned about their financial future. This means that people have financial problems not only during good times but also during bad times as well.
When one finds himself in such a situation, it immediately becomes automatic for him to find a way out from his money problem. Fortunately, there are various ways that he can do to fix his money problems.
Different Ways You Can Do To Fix Your Money Problems
Give it a positive outlook.
- Stop lamenting that you are have money problems
- Imagine a better life with less money problems
- Look forward to clearing your debt sooner
Increase you financial IQ
- Take time to learn about finances
- Read as many books as possible about financial management
- Invest in financial knowledge
- Budget for the money that you have
- Write down a list of the things you need and what you owe others
- Avoid impulse buying
- Never budget for money that you do not have
- Leave the least important things out of the budget
- Learn the art of saving
- Save at least 10% of your income and be disciplined to follow this trend
- Automate savings by signing monthly transfers or standing orders on your monthly income
Monitor your money
- Keep track of how every coin is spent and write it down. This helps in altering your spending habits.
- Create a priority list that outline the things you need each month
- Focus on the “why” instead of the “how” of your goals
- Focusing on the inspiration behind a goal as opposed to the specifics of how it will be achieved can increase the chances of success
Center on little but sustainable steps
- Establish what you can realistically achieve and then devote yourself to following it
- Start by clearing the small debts that you have as you go on your way to clear the large ones
Stop using credit cards
- Cut up all of your credit cards and start living within your means
- Stop making purchases on credit
- Using credit cards distort people’s views about their finances
Have separate accounts
- If you have a joint account with someone, consider getting your name off that joint account
- Financial troubles have the capability of bringing down both of you
- Ensure that you are held answerable for debts personally incurred by you and not by others
- Do not live beyond your means to please others
- Mismanagement of money because of greed can lead to more money problems
- Avoid get-rich-quick schemes since they tend to leave a big dent in your finances
Use tax returns
- By using tax return, one is able to know his financial situation for that particular year
- This helps in analyzing his weak points and working on them during the following financial year
In conclusion, money problems happen to everyone. It is however necessary to learn the art of financial management and also the means available to solve financial problems when one comes face to face with such.
Photo courtesy of @Doug88888